Hair Care Tips
Hair Care Tips That Will Keep You Smiling
1. Treat your virgin hair like it’s your own!!! It is important to keep your hair clean. Use gentle shampoos that are water base and sulfate free. Shampoo tends to strip the hair of its natural oils. With the hair no longer attached to the donors scalp, natural moisture will no longer be deposited into the hair.
2. To keep the Full of Joy Hair in great condition, use a moisturizing conditioner. Conditioner will bring life back to your hair. Use a water base conditioner, leave it in the hair for a few minutes and rinse it out. This will make the hair soft and manageable. We recommend deep conditioning your hair at least once a week. Do Not use heavy oils (like oil sheen) on the hair as it will weigh the hair down and cause build up.
3. We recommend that you not cut the wefts or tracks of your virgin hair. This will cause shedding. If possible, use the fold over method to install the hair. If the wefts must be cut, please seal the wefts with a weft sealer prior to installing.
4. Although Full of Joy hair is 100% Virgin Hair, heating tools should be used with caution. Over heating the hair can cause damage and make the hair very brittle and frail which can lead to shedding. We recommend using a heat protectant that is alcohol free prior to using heat tools. Remember, treat your virgin hair like your actual hair!
5. Before bed, wrap the hair using a silk or satin scarf/bonnet. This will reduce the chances of the tangling.
***Follow us on Social Media for more tips!!!